Saturday, October 01, 2011

summit riders



Last month we showed up at the Summit Riders Playday. Horsey Girl had a hankering to be Rodeo Queen at our local show and since Nice Dad had other plans she rode Sparky to a brilliant first place in the barrel race. Fat Boy and I came in 2nd of course.




It was a dusty day, and a pleasant haze settled across the sunny arena all day. Here Miss Nelly seems like an angel horse and Little P. looks so big and confident.



She didn't fair as well with the egg and spoon race, but made a good effort. I turned down the fun runs and just stuck with barrels and poles which we won handily. We are definitely improving in pole turning.



I love my red white and blue gear, but I have a new saddle now and have been riding with an old brown fleece coolback pad and brown nylon reins. I also have a new sparkly blue breast collar to match the headstall above. I like the blue and brown together and I want to make a new Western shirt to match!


Sometimes it's nice to be able to enjoy your horses and your friends right in your backyard. It was a pretty and relaxing day on the mountain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web counter