Friday, October 14, 2011

princess number one



My biggest girl is now officially away at college. She attends California State University at Los Angeles. Of course she is playing soccer. She got a scholarship!

She recently broke up with her boyfriend, but when we went to Disneyland she got a new one right away.



She is pretty and funny and smart. I got to see her play when her team traveled to San Francisco a few weekends ago. She plays forward but since she's a sophomore she waits for her turn a lot.



We bonded in Disneyland. She only lives 25 minutes from the resort, and we had the best time. I drove her home around 1:30 a.m. (no traffic!) and got to see her place. Six girls in a tiny three bedroom? Two blocks from school? Sounds like college heaven to me. She seems very happy with her life now, and I am glad.



I miss her, but I know she is learning to take good care of herself. And she has her team. She makes me feel proud... and a little jealous. Remember how twenty felt?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web counter