Friday, May 01, 2009
Random thoughts on a rainy Friday. Thought I might muse about my raw journey a bit in case anyone is cruising over from Lucie's blog.
* The post title? My downfalls, the three "ch"'s. Seems like the closer I get to the end of this semester, the more I'm indulging. Favorite vices: See's peanut butter crunch, black pepper and sea salt potato chips, and those little $1 dollar blocks of manchega you can get at Whole Foods. Washed down with a Kombucha I might add, just to a balance things out (not!).
* Two years ago I announced my intention to get my Master's Degree. This seemed to work like a charm.... three more weeks and I'm done. Now I've decided to set another intention: raw for 90 days. I will start May 24th, the day after graduation.
* I like that I lean towards being an herbivore, like my best animal friends, the horses and the goats. Sometimes I see them out there in the yard and secretly wish I could get down and munch grass too.
* The other day I saw a TV ad and had an unusual reaction. The ad was for Roundup, and it showed a cartoon of this crap being sprayed on a dandelion, and the dandelion shriveled up and died.... and I actually wanted to cry. WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE. Don't they know how incredibly powerful and healthful plants like dandelions are?! Why, just the other day I picked one to munch on as I was walking to class. My Goddess! We are so fucked up.
* My favorite green smoothie at the moment is frozen banana, orange juice, some filtered water and as much organic spinach as I can cram into the blender. I am disappointed if it all adds up to less than a quart.
* That is all for now. Thanks for listening.... and if you're new here, please feel free to comment. Love ya!